Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

My Times are In His Hands!




......


Today I lifted the page on the Psalm calendar and laughed when I saw what was written there:

My times are in Your hand.

I was fighting a positivity battle this morning about going back to work tomorrow after a week off -- back to the ongoing workplace drama and and frustration within the office, partly resulting from some poor staffing choices. I know that compared with the work issues of many people, my problems are SO minimal and I know I'm blessed to have my job! But I was still dreading the return to work, and hating the fact that I was dreading it. Enter Psalm 31:14-18: 

But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord,

I say, “You are my God.”

My times are in Your hand;

Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.

Make Your face to shine upon Your servant;

Save me in Your lovingkindness.

Let me not be put to shame, O Lord, for I call upon You;

Let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol.

Let the lying lips be mute,

Which speak arrogantly against the righteous

With pride and contempt.

What a gracious God -- to give us words of encouragement and solace for Every Single Situation in life, even if it's the comparatively tiny problems of silly old me. I am so, so grateful that my times truly are in His hands. That gentle reminder allowed me to rejoice and be encouraged, and if you are having a tough day, I hope it encourages you, too!

So. I shall head off to the office tomorrow morning and conquer the world -- one appointment, one patient, and one bit of drama at a time. ;o) Have a marvelous week!

Note: There is also a time to take bacon out of the pan, that is if you don’t want it burnt. Only I neglected to remember that while typing this. O_o

......

 (Tulips are always a cheerful influence!)

No comments:

Post a Comment