Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lavender!


Saturday, discovering that the lavender bushes were finally in bloom, I went out and cut a couple of good-sized bunches! I love lavender -- the scent, and the delicate sweetness of the flower itself. :)


 




 For drying purposes, I cut one big bunch with buds that hadn't blossomed out yet -- it dries better that way, I've found. The lavender in full bloom went in a mason jar (I'm a fan of using canning jars as vases!) in the kitchen! :)




 I was originally going to hang the rest to dry on my bookcase where I have more from summers past...



but because I had some technical difficulties in getting this particular bunch to hang ... (I won't go into detail because honestly it shouldn't have been a problem, but because I'm Myself, it was) ...

 I decided to hang this bunch from my spool holder instead.


 

Which in the end turned out to be a happy alternative! I might just buy another spool holder expressly for lavender-drying. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment