Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Saturday Evening Post: Quick thought from 2 Samuel ...


A recent passage in my Bible reading really struck me and I wanted to share!

2 Samuel 15:25-26: The king said to Zadock, 'Return the ark of God to the city. If I find favor in the sight of the LORD, then He will bring me back again and show me both it and His habitation. But if He should say thus, "I have no delight in You," behold, here I am, let Him do to me as seems good to Him.'

The complete, nothing-held-back FAITH of David here just jumped off the page at me. Wow! Fleeing from his own son, in the midst of betrayal -- his quiet trust shone. Leaving one of the most precious treasures of his people behind was a powerful testimony to his faith that God would accomplish His will, whatever befell David's kingdom -- and that even if David never saw God's city again, that would be okay. To the point of his own possible humiliation or suffering or downfall at that present time, David still put God's will first, and at whatever cost, he was determined that he should not stand in God's way, even if the results were devastating to himself. "Here I am - let Him do to me as seems good to Him,"-- when I think about the magnitude of the statement, this total laying down of EVERYTHING to the hand of God, the confiding trust of David in his Father, even to his own potential hurt - it's touching, humbling. It's a beautiful picture of the attitude God's child should have in His relationship with the Father. This will definitely be a go-to verse for me in the future when thinking or talking about attributes of faith!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared that...it's a good thought!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts. That most of have been a time of great sorrow, but David trusted in God no matter what. We need that same kind of trust.

    ReplyDelete