Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

More Autumn Happenings ...

The air has turned crisp and my favorite season has definitely arrived. :) Which means it's time for one of my favorite winter prep chores, filling the woodshed! I love stacking wood. Seeing the tidy rows is so satisfying, somehow -- and when the whole family goes at it together, it's FUN. :o)






......

We've enjoyed watching these sunflowers grow in the late summer/early autumn, particularly because we weren't the ones who seeded them ... some sweet bird visitor did! We have a feeder hanging directly above this spot and they are not the tidiest of creatures ... but in this case their carelessness seems to have been a virtue. :)




......

In my opinion, candles, a fire in the wood stove, and good classical music are autumn necessities. I can't share the cozy heat from our currently burning fire, so y'all want some Chopin to brighten your day instead? :) Been working on one of his beautiful Nocturnes recently ... really, really love this piece!  Here's a Richter recording from the 1970's, for your listening pleasure. :) Enjoy!



......

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful piece of music!
    Love,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to use the fireplace in the fall and winter :-) a good scented candle is a pleasant addition to any evening :-) Did you split some of that wood too, or did the men folk do the splitting ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan, most of it was already split so I only needed stack, for which I was exceedingly thankful! ;O)

      Delete