Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Autumn Joy Harvest


Hello hello! Happy October -- one of my favorite months of the whole year!! At some point each October, after my millionth expression of fall love, my family begins to roll their eyes and say, "Yes, dear, we KNOW you love fall!" Soooo .... instead of reminding them again I'm blogging about it to all of you people instead. Hah. :o)

One of my favorite autumn flowers is Autumn Joy, a sedum that is a lovely rusty color and grows pretty much anywhere with pretty much no care needed. (I cut some snips off for my tree house garden earlier in the year and planted the cuttings without even letting them root first, and with a little watering they are growing just fine. You basically have to work really hard to kill them.) We had a bush that got so huge it fell over and I really couldn't just let aaaaall those flowers go to waste, so I pruned the bush and this is what I had as a result:


A mess.


It was a smidge overwhelming. :P (Plus the fact that the bees also were after them, which was marvelous). But after some snipping and snapping (who caught the children's-literary reference??) I reduced the mess and I think it was worth it:


Because I ended up with a basket full of fall loveliness for the house!






......

Happy Autumn! :o)

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing the Joy in the house. I loved it!
    ~m

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2468 who do we appreciate??? You posting instead of using us as your gineau pigs of HOW MUCH you love fall...... I mean, we still love you and all, have no fear! Bye! Love,S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait.....Do you like Fall? ;) I was not familiar with sedums. I looked online, apparently a "stonecrop," they look nice in the basket. There are so many plants that I am not familiar with. Happy October :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait ... I don't think I was clear enough on that point! ;o) As to plant knowledge, well, engineering-wise I'm a gonner, so I think we're even Ryan! ;)

      Delete
    2. :) do not fear, I can answer all your hydroelectric engineering questions ;) Your plant knowledge is likely most interesting to most people :) and is useful ....the Fall season is worthy of your enthusiastic emphasis :)

      Delete
  4. "Snipp, Snapp, Snurr"?

    ~m

    ReplyDelete