Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

A Day Out

Back in July I went antique shopping in an old church building that had been converted to a delightful antique shop, and found some equally delightful things! The building was very cool -- I guess it was the first church building built in the old town we were in, which I loved for the historic factor.

The garden in front was a lovely, old-fashioned, overgrown thing ... roses, daisies, lavender, hens-and-chicks, a garden gnome. I love over-grown gardens that manage to look picturesque rather than messy. I just wish I could figure out the whys-and-wherefores because MY garden is generally of the messy overgrown variety. ;o)












See what I mean? Very cool.



 Lots of books!


 Look at those rafters!

And the windows ... love.




Here are my treasures:


This lovely quilt rack, which I have definitely been needing. Required a little dusting and a bit of Old English, and now it's perfect!


And this:


A sewing firkin!!! SO cool -- and actually I did not spot it, my mom did. #creditwherecreditisdue
 I l.o.v.e this thing!!




Fun, huh? I love those kinds of days when the findings and the locations are perfect, dahling. :o)
......

3 comments:

  1. Margaret ThompsonJanuary 18, 2016

    Hi Gather Ye Rosebuds! Yes, I go by different names as you now know!:) Margaret R. Thompson is my pen name, Evelynn is my comment leaving name, and as for my real name...well, I guess I will put it this way:It's for me to know and you to find out(hahaha)! And that is a very pretty little shop! That red flower in the first picture is gorgeous..do you know what it is? Maggie T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun! And what a neat old place.
    Love,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lots of neat stuff! And I'm sure a relaxing afternoon perusing the goods!! Luv ya; Dr C

    ReplyDelete