Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Tree House Garden|Part 3



......


This was how it looked earlier in the spring after I planted delphinium in the right corner, and my first round of impatiens .... which have been and gone, alas. Dead as doornails. Walmart flowers. Hmph.







......
And now:

Tada!


 
  I barked the path and planted a couple huge impatiens (from Lowe's this time) along the way.
The lovely yellow flowering plant to the left is an echibeckia, a perennial which is supposedly a cross between an echinacea and rudbeckia and attracts butterflies. Loooove this thing! 




Found one more stone to finish the path off!


Strawberry blossoms ...


 A summer blooming delphinium, which I planted near my spring blooming one. These re-seed themselves so eventually this area at the front of the garden will have lots of them, I hope!


Back of the delphinium are dahlias my piano teacher gave me forever ago, and I'm excited to finally have them transplanted down here! This is another flower that will multiply well and fill empty space.


Columbine. I love this flower ... old-fashioned and sweet.




The primroses have gone to town ...

I'm very happy. :) Can't wait to see what it looks like next year when the perennials are more established!

......

2 comments:

  1. Looks Good :-)

    I like the garden section at Fred Meyers - I have had good luck with their plants. I also like Bimart, I am not sure if you have that chain up north, it is an employee owned store. They have a a small food section, but large hardware and home goods, also garden supplies and fruit trees. I bought my raspberries and blueberries there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think we do have a Bimart here - I've never seen one - but sounds like a fun store. I'll have to check out Fred Meyer next year, good idea!

      Delete