Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Summer Project #1


It's been quiet around here! :) Want to see what I've been up to? Here's one of the projects -- I've got some before + after proof!



The last couple years we've built up/expanded the flower garden in front of the house & last summer we put a load of dirt down. But it's really needed mulch to finish off & keep moisture in the soil, which we finally accomplished a couple weeks ago!



Before ...







Add a gigantic load of bark ....


 And after a few hours ... viola!!



 I love before & after pictures. Thanks to mom for encouraging me to snap some when I really didn't feel like it! ;o)








Back deck area beforehand ...






 Aaaand aftah!




Amazing what a little (read: A Lot Of) bark and weeding does ... huh. ;o) I love these kinds of projects! They are immensely satisfying.

......

Happy Independence Day! (o:


7 comments:

  1. Looks good. Good job :) I like the chicken feeder planter too, that was good idea. I like helmlock bark, it really looks nice. The stone lining looks good too. ( that lavender looks pretty small ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 05, 2015

    Sure looks better! Thanks for all of your help! I never could have done it without you!!
    Love,
    m

    PS~ yes, that lavender is on the small side, all things considered! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay -- no lavender bashing allowed! Not everyone has Ryan's propensity + talent to grow lavender trees! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, Kinsi, i will share my My secrets:
    1. Singing to the lavender
    2. Temperature controlled watering, exactly 76.4 degrees ambient air.
    3. Trimming one stock per day in the harvest season.
    4. Watering times are exactly 2 pm and 3 am, the 3 am being critical for proper growth.
    5. A portable fan to ensure proper cooling and circulation. And happy bees.

    ;)

    I am kidding :) I don't have any secret skills. Your lavender maybe be small, but mine is way overgrown and facing execution. Your lavender is lovely and just fine like it is :) hopefully the starts from mine will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan, I was cracking up reading this! Words fail -- your devotion to the lavender cause is praiseworthy indeed. For singing I can do -- but 3AM watering routines, I canNOT.

    Foremost of slackers I freely admit to being! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, the 3am watering is tough. But the most important part ;)

      Perhaps get a night shift job, you could water during the lunch break. But your job would have to be close to home. ;)

      If all else fails, I can always share :)

      Delete
    2. AnonymousJuly 20, 2015

      Ryan,
      Personally, I have always heard it was 3:15 am on the dot! But I could be wrong. :o)
      Jodi

      Delete