Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weekend Trip ...



My family and I went for a jaunt last weekend to attend a gospel meeting and spend some time together ... it was lovely!

 Parking our boots for the weekend ...


 Traveling basket .. which wouldn't be complete without Tea.






Clouds and fall colors from the hotel window.




Okay. Ryan recommended we visit Powell's book store while we were in the area ... and wow. It changed my life.

Well, that's a little dramatic. But I did come out with a muuuuch lighter wallet than I went in with! *grin*





This is an a-ma-zing bookstore!! The literature section was incredible -- I'm so tickled with the edition of Dickens' The Old Curiosity Shop that I found. A long time ago, I found two of his other novels in the same edition at a homeschool bookstore, but I haven't seen any similar since ... until Powell's. ;)


When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder's in the shock ...






A delightful Chinese restaurant ... YUMMM ...




Sliver moon.


More fall colors and clouds. (I have a thing for them! ;o)


Pioneer Woman episodes!!!


Yes ... more fall colors ... and clouds ...




Was this ever the trip in which I came home with way more than I left with. Ryan generously scalped his monstrosity of a lavender bush, and I now have handfuls and handfuls of some incredible smelling dried lavender!! Thanks Ryan!! 
....

1 comment:

  1. Great photos :-) I am glad that you and your family was able to come down and had a great visit, it was an edifying gospel meeting :-) You need to convince your family to visit more often ;-) I am still torn on whether I will keep the old lavender plants next year - or start over. I keep telling myself to start over.

    ReplyDelete