Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday Morning Thoughts on Psalm 37|Bible Reading



.......

The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.

I have been young and now I am old, 
Yet  I have not seen the righteous forsaken
Or his descendants begging bread.
All day long he is gracious and lends,
And his descendants are a blessing.

1) God delights in my way. He takes joy in me walking worthily before Him. I have the power to give joy to God because of the power Jesus Christ has to make me sinless ... that's almost paradoxical in scope!

2) The security that comes from knowing that, though it's a given that I will fall, I have the Most High, the God of Heaven holding my hand. MINE. And because of that I will ALWAYS be able to get back up and keep going.

3) No matter what happens to me ... I am taken care of as long as I am one with Christ. Period.

4) Is my relationship with God such that I can be called Righteous ... such that I will be able to pass my faith on to my children ... such that they will be a blessing to future generations? There's a LOT that goes into making good on the statement ... "his descendants are a blessing." What a legacy -- what a responsibility!

.......

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment