Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Saturday Evening Post: The Last Month at Home



 I brought home this lovely bunch of flowers from work last week -- a sweet lady patient has twice brought in flower bouquets for the staff since I've been a member of the office team. The first time was on Valentine's Day, then she brought more in last week -- so sweet. :)

.......


Read-aloud with my sis :) ....

........



........




Dad and sis on a cake-baking adventure! (Vanilla with browned butter frosting) ;0)

........

 

........


 The raspberries are finally pruned and ready for winter ...

........


 and the grass I planted in the chicken pen after re-taking a corner of it {here} (click to read about my adventure with that ;) is coming along quite nicely. :)

........


........


Now, we do not believe in fairies ;) ... but my sister thought it would be fun to make a little "fairy fire" and we had fun putting it together.


Autumn leaves make great "flames"! :D





........


Grammar lessons with my sis ...

........




... with homemade hot cocoa afterward. :) Perfect way to end the school day!

........

I discovered this wonderful piece one morning recently when listening to the classical music station on my way to work. It's gorgeous, hauntingly so. Yes, it's 13 minutes long ... but it's worth every minute of that!! :) This is Five Variants of Dives and Lazarus by Ralph Vaughan Williams.


........

Happy November! :)

2 comments:

  1. The classical music piece was beautiful. I had not heard that one before. The cake and homemade cocoa look good too :-) That is a nice raspberry arbor setup. Is that area lined with wooden poles or are those old creosote railroad ties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they're railroad ties :) They're a temporary measure this winter for a barrier against the grass -- otherwise it can really grow in to the garden space.

      Delete